The future of this site

Observations, queries, ideas for the forum, not GKC related.

The future of this site

Postby Rusmeister » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 am

How about offering this site to the American Chesterton Society?
It costs money, has no PR, and it would suck to see it become a blank page.

I think a GKC forum is a great idea and want to see it go on.
Rusmeister

Re: The future of this site

Postby Jonny » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Please be assured that there are no plans to shut down the forum. The opportunity is there for those who wish to contribute toward renewal of the domain name but, in the absence of seizers, I'll continue to shoulder that enormous funding burden.

Re the ACS: I'm sure that if they were interested in supporting a forum, they would have set one up by now.

Although I've put little effort to promote the forum, it's easily found by anyone entering "Chesterton" and "forum" or "discussion" into a search engine. It's there for those who seek. Official Chesterton societies will be aware of its existence and may link to it if they please (as does the GK Chesterton Society of Ireland).

The intention of this forum is to be independent of any established organisation or business, charitable or otherwise, and not to promote any specific causes other than the discussion of Chesterton's life, work and matters arising therefrom. Should another forum arise that fulfills this brief more successfully then I'd certainly consider - after contacting all members to seek their feedback - suspending or closing gkcforum.org.

However, transferring the content and user base to a third party would be problematic. I'd need to seek permission from each user and, where not granted, the consequent deletion of posts could render topics unreadable. Therefore, this is unlikely to be considered.
Jonny
Site Admin

Re: The future of this site

Postby Rusmeister » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:21 am

Thanks!
I'm still here. I told you tumbleweed is nor a problem!
Rusmeister

Return to Suggestions & Comments